It hasn’t been a long time since I started this blog, but I figure (being the start of a new year and all) I would re-introduce myself and lay out some of my goals for the year.
My name is Alexa.
- Am a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN).
- Am a Certified USA Track & Field Level 1 Coach.
- Am searching for a job.
- Am a “jack-of-all-trades, master of none” when it comes to my hobbies and interests.
- Have a strong “perfectionist” streak.
- Have dabbled in crochet, embroidery, sewing, painting, drawing, graphic design, cooking, baking, and writing, among others.
- Love diving into new, challenging projects, whether I know the skills needed or not.
- Want this blog to inspire casual hobbyists to reach beyond “I can’t do ‘that'” and towards “I will learn to do ‘that’.”
Here are a few pictures of projects I have completed.
My current logo is my creation as well! I’m kind-of proud it turned out well. >v<
I want to keep my blog open to any “whimsy” that I might have. However, my main focus will be:
Being a new year, I should probably set some goals… When I started this blog it was on a “whimsy” and it took a bit to get into a rhythm of what to post and how often. After this past month of thought, my goals will be to:
- Continue posting twice weekly, whatever the content, be it new, review, or update.
- One post a week shall be “food-based” (a recipe, event, dinner, nutrition review, etc…).
- One post a week shall be “craft-based” (a pattern, project update, new motivation/project, finished project, etc…).
- Post my blog articles in a timely manner on my Pinterest account to attempt increasing site traffic.
These are simple goals but I think simple may be best when starting this whole thing. I plan to review my progress with these goals in June and perhaps add more goals.
Happy New Year, All!!